Monday, July 2, 2012

First Coaching Job

After talks for the last few weeks, I was offered and have accepted a job with Lyon FC. They are a club based out of South Lyon, MI. I will begin this Fall and coach at the U-9 level. I am really excited for this opportunity and can't wait to get started.

Obviously this is my first opportunity to coach and try out my philosophies. I'll have my team meeting, where the Director of Coaching will introduce me to the team, and I'll begin to learn about my new team and see what we've got. I began playing travel soccer right around U8 and U9 so I know what these kids are going through. I'm sure that for many of them, I'll be their first travel coach, so I hope I can be a good influence on them and help them fall in love with the game while building up their skills.

If you have have tips on coaching kids--even if your experiences are in different sports--please don't hesitate to let me know.

Updates will follow soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment